Friday, April 22, 2011

Water for Elephants

This movie opens today, a period film. I don't know anything about it except that it's a love story and that it takes place in the circus and there's an elephant in it. And it's based on a novel of the same name. It has the guy from Twilight and I don't care for those films or him very much, so he's not drawing me in. From what I've seen the sets and cinematography look good but I'm thinking this will bore me to death, so I'm on the fence. The reviews seem mixed. The title seems to be a problem, too. Couldn't they name it something simpler and/or catchier? Like "Circus" or "The Show" or "Life in the Show". I may skip this one.

2 comments:

  1. Actually "Water for Elephants" did make me look at the film, because I couldn't think what would be lurking behind that silly title. (I haven't watched much TV lately, so I've missed any ads that might have run. It was an IMDB banner that alerted me to the existence of the film.)

    But then I said, "Ah. This looks boring, so I'm going to finally get around to seeing 'Insidious' instead."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Insidious" - now there's a good title for a movie!

    ReplyDelete