Saturday, January 2, 2016

"Mockingjay Part 2" is a disappointment

After loving the first three movies in the series, this fourth & final one's conclusion left a bad taste in my mouth. Was very disappointed!

First of all, as a movie it failed me. I was really interested in seeing what happens immediately after the last movie, but something just didn't work for me.

I wonder if something had to do with Julianne Moore -- since the last movie she has won a ton of awards and an Oscar and I see her differently. Phillip Seymour Hoffman passed away before filming all of his scenes and I think this negatively affected the final product.

The screenwriters probably should have added some new twists and characters to diverge from the novel a bit to make it more interesting.

The worst part of the movie for me was the ending. *Spoilers ahead*

I didn't like seeing Katniss with the baby and with Peeta. Personally I never felt that she had true feelings for him in that way. I would have been happier if she picked the other guy. OR, the screenwriters should have taken a different approach and not shown Katniss with a baby at all - I don't see the purpose of that sequence at all.

I love the ending of the first movie - they ask each other "What do we do now?" and Katniss says I don't know.

This movie should have ended leaving me more intrigued with this universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment