Friday, March 30, 2012

21 Jump Street

This was 2 hours of my life wasted. I went with a group and everyone else seemed to like it, but I didn't. They said it was like "Bad Boys" but to me this was like some cross between "Police Academy" and " Harold and Kumar". Every 5 minutes there is a penis joke, oral sex joke, or some other kind of vulgar bathroom humor that would have been "X" rated 25 years ago. Should have expected that from the guy who was in "Superbad" (Jonah Hill, the producer and star). If you like that kind of humor then this is your film. I don't really care for Hill or Channing Tatum, who can't act his way out of a paper bag. Also, this film is nothing like the TV show other than for the premise that 20-something cops go undercover in a high school to find a drug dealer. I didn't like the way they handled drugs either: there are extended scenes showing people high on drugs and enjoying it and it really didn't seem right. Even the villain is treated comically and there was no real reason for me to care for anyone. F

1 comment:

  1. Yep... an awful film. And the worst kind of example of someone trying keep a trademark alive by squeezing the life and value out of it.

    ReplyDelete